CRIDAQ Postdoctoral Fellowship, Academic year 2024-2025
The members of the Centre de recherche interdisciplinaire sur la diversité et la démocratie (CRIDAQ) are offering, for the 2024-2025 academic year, a postdoctoral fellowship of $45,000 (gross amount granted by the Center*), non-renewable. This internship must be used to carry out a project that falls within the scope of CRIDAQ’s research axes and themes under the supervision of one of its members, in a Quebec university.
- In order to apply, candidates must have defended their thesis by September 1, 2024;
- Candidates must have obtained their Ph.D after April 30, 2020;
- Candidates must have sufficient knowledge of French to participate in CRIDAQ activities;
- The doctoral thesis must not have been written under the supervision of a regular member of CRIDAQ.
The CRIDAQ will offer to its fellow:
- $ 45,000 salary (gross amount granted by the Center*);
- $ 5,000 budget for the organization of a workshop (for example: inviting a researcher, room hire, printing and catering costs, etc.);
- An individual workstation;
- Access to the host university facilities;
- Assistance with the material organisation of the stay.
In return, the fellow is expected to:
- Pursue the research project for which the postdoctoral fellowship was granted;
- Participate, on a regular basis, in the activities (workshops, seminars, conferences, colloquia) organized by the CRIDAQ host university;
- Present their current work to other researchers through the activities of the Center in the host university, as well as in at least one other partner university;
- Provide scientific direction for the Séminaire jeunes chercheur.e.s du CRIDAQ to be held in 2025;
- Ensure a regular presence on the premises of the university to which they are affiliated.
Applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- The quality of the research project submitted;
- The relevance of the research project to CRIDAQ’s mandate (as stated in its research axes);
- The quality of previous research (as evidenced by CV, writing sample and letters of recommendation);
- The ability of the candidate and their research project to benefit from and contribute to the research activities and intellectual life of the Center;
- The ability of the candidate to contribute to CRIDAQ’s international reputation.
Candidates should send the following documents:
- A letter of motivation, written in French in which the candidate indicates which researchers they wish to work with;
- An email or letter from a regular member of CRIDAQ indicating their interest in supervising the work of the candidate;
- A curriculum vitae (for submitted publications, please include a confirmation email);
- A writing sample (book chapter, article or academic paper); Note that the work submitted must be written in either French or English;
- A research proposal of about 1500 words, followed by a project timeline (1 page max);
- Two letters of reference (directly sent to the Centre by email before the deadline: firstname.lastname@example.org) (written in French or English).
- Deadline for applications: January 29, 2024, 5 p.m.;
- Competition results: March 4th, 2024;
- Duration of the internship: September 2024 to June 2025.
* Note that in addition to mandatory deductions (federal, provincial tax, etc.), social benefits will also be deducted from this amount. The net amount received is therefore less than $ 45,000 and varies according to the tax standards in effect.